Wednesday 1 January 2014

Review: Innisfree Eco Nail Remover

This review is for a product that I've bought recently & it is already a favourite of mine.

Innisfree Eco Nail Remover claims to be "The nail color remover that quickly and gently removes even the darkest shades of nail color." I bought this at $4 for 100ml. 


I've only used this a couple of times but I really like it. I like that it does not have a strong acetone smell. It smells like a orange-"flavoured" car air freshener. Yes. That's how I would describe it. It reminds me of a car air freshener that my dad used to use. I looked at the ingredients list & indeed, it smells like what it should be.


I googled what is citrus unshiu oil and found that citrus unshiu is a citrus species of Japanese origins, kind of like a mandarin orange. It is also known as Satsuma Orange. The oil does not irritate our skin. I don't really know the effect of this oil in a remover. But I think that it is the what that masks the strong smell of acetone? Sometimes the smell of nail polish removers can be a bit choking and pungent and the smell lingers a bit where I've just used it. But that wasn't the case when I use this, which is quite nice. Of course, I still try to ensure ventilation. 

It is an effective nail polish remover. I used it to remove my Illamasqua speckled nail varnish which has black glitters and surprisingly this Innisfree remover removed almost all of the glitters easily. I also didn't feel that it was very drying on my cuticles. 

I'm not usually that picky with nail polish removers. As long as it removes the nail polish and doesn't damage my nails, I'm okay. I've only ever tried Sally Hansens and Silky Girl. I like Silky Girl because the opening of the bottle is small and I can easily pour out the amount I need. I really dislike Sally Hansen's remover because the opening of the bottle is so big and it is so troublesome to ensure that you don't pour out too much. I bought this not knowing how the opening it is like, but thankfully it has a small opening.



For those who are considering buying this from overseas, the packaging is quite secure. It is the kind that you have to push & twist open. It took me some time to open it for the first time -sheepish-...

---

Overall, it is a good product. I recommend it. It smells good, does what it should, and is still pocket-friendly.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Bel, I adore Innisfree products! My favourite is their Apple Juicy Lip & Eye Remover. :)

    And also, I've nominated you for the Liebster award! If you wish to accept it, you can read more about it here: http://www.blackandgrey.ca/2014/01/the-liebster-award-blackgreys-100th-post.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! Thanks for nominating me! :) Can't wait to answer your questions & nominate others too!

      Delete
  2. its difficult for me to find good nail remover so thanks for this review :D

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Hope you'll like this product too if you ever try it :)
      I've followed you on GFC, but I'll follow you on bloglovin too after I get one for this blog :)

      Delete
  3. Im still struggling on opening the bottle. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luisa, Just push the cap down and twist it open as usual, while holding down the cap. Hope that helps!

      Delete