Monday 30 September 2013

Review: Peach Stem Cell Vitamin A Facial Mask by Watsons


I usually only make & post reviews if I've used the product for a long time and I'm sure of its results. But I thought I'll just post a short review on this! Watsons was giving out complimentary masks on their instagram a while ago and I managed to get one! This is quite a new product. I am a believer of masks, whatever that means, and so I thought it'll be good to try a new brand. 

To be honest, the chance of me randomly picking this up from the stores myself to try is really low. There are WAY too many masks out there and to try a new brand, that is a house brand is not something I would do! So I'm glad to have a chance to try these. 

Reading the packaging, I was quite impressed. 
"Made in Korea"
"Free of Parabens, Alcohol & Lanolin"

Some things I've noted: 
  1. Upon opening the package, I find a very crumpled sheet mask inside, like it has slipped down to the bottom. Sounds bad, but actually it doesn't really matter if the product is good right? It doesn't come with a plastic to hold up the shape & help you to peel off & apply the mask easily. Innisfree's sheet masks also don't come with a plastic, but it isn't crumpled nor do they slip in the packaging. This Watsons mask wasn't as easy to apply as Taiwan's popular My Beauty Diary masks. To me, that is still one of the most easy-to-apply masks.  
  2. It wasn't dripping with the essence -- good for application, but bad if you think that means there is less essence? 
  3. A lot of 'cuts' on the masks to help fit your face better. Some cuts are also pretty "deep". That's a good thing I suppose, but I didn't really like it because it made the mask more 'vulnerable' to tears especially since I had to 'uncrumple' the mask to put it on (see point 1). I took time to be careful but I still got a tear at the nose. Nvm, I'll just "paste" it back to my face!
  4. Thick sheet. I read somewhere that the thinner the sheet mask, the better because your skin can absorb the essence better. I'm not sure about that. This is definitely noticeably thicker than others I've tried.
  5. Nice fragrance. 
Oh dear, does that sound like a bad review? Neutral?? But honestly it wasn't that bad. After I removed it, 'massage' a little, it absorbed pretty well and didn't leave any icky sticky residue on my face. I think its still a pretty decent mask to try out. My biggest complain is only the application part. Up til now, I still like MBD's sheet mask's ease of application. It was quite annoying to have to 'un-crumple' the mask and find where the eyes, mouth holes are, especially when the mask is already susceptible to tears. The 'cuts' on the mask were to give a good fit, but it was susceptible to tears too. I don't know if I just got a bad pack with a crumpled mask, but if they fix that, I think this mask will be okay. I would recommend you to try it if you're looking for a masks that fits your face well. 

Will I get this again? hmm... for the price, maybe no. Maybe when they have a promotion!

Here are more info on the packaging: 


What is "bee venom" anyway.. 


Have you tried this product? Was your mask 'crumpled' up like mine?

2 comments:

  1. Just used this product, very hard to undo and smooth over the face because of teh thickness, made my skin tingle so I took off after 10 mins, and washed off, will I use it again, nope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this as a gift a couple years ago, and just finally tried one. it was a little awkward applying, but honestly my skin felt and looked smoother the next morning. I'm going to use up the rest of them (5) if I get same results, I will definitely buy some.

    ReplyDelete