Sunday 13 October 2013

Review: Innisfree Eco Nail Colour 1: 100, 101, 124, 121

100, 101, 121, 124

From left to right:
100 블루베리 제리 (Blueberry Jelly),
101 소녀의 땡땡이 스커트 (Girl's Polka Dot Skirt),
124 해피 바이러스 (Happy Virus),
121 빙글빙글 희전목마 (Round & Round the Merry-go-round).
I directly translated the Korean names so the english names are not the official names, but just what I translated with my super basic Korean. I'm most unsure about 121 so it's probably all wrong.

These are photos of the Innisfree nail polishes I bought from Korea earlier this year. SO PRETTY AREN'T THEY!! So chockful of glitter. These were really inexpensive. Innisfree Eco Nail colours are all 2,500 won each, for 10ml.

1) 100 블루베리 제리 (Blueberry Jelly)


The flakies are bronze/green, which are really pretty with the blue base. The flakies aren't very obvious. I do 3 thin coats for full opacity, but you can get away with 2. Great formula, no pooling, no uneven flakies or bald patches.


2) 101 소녀의 땡땡이 스커트 (Girl's Polka Dot Skirt) (aka dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid Dreams)

lol. I don't know if I slaughtered the name with my translation but isn't that what it is? Anyone with better korean skills please correct me if I'm wrong! I just think the name is a little weird because I don't see any association with a girl's polka dot skirt. Anyway, any nail polish lover will probably immediately think of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid Dreams when you see this. I don't own that, but I've seen photos of them online and they are practically dupes! And this is only one-tenth of the price of a Deborah Lippmann. I almost didn't want to get this because my sis was already getting a bottle. But she asked me why wasn't I getting it, and she convinced me to get another bottle! Well, it is pretty inexpensive so that's okay. I don't wear glitters that often but I really like this after wearing it on my nails. This polish is from the Poem Nail collection.

Formula wise: Great. I'm beginning to love the formula of these Innisfree nail polishes. These are my firsts. The glitters aren't big, so you won't have problem getting them evenly on your nails. Just like before, 3 thin coats for full opacity, but 2 coats is good enough!


3) 124 해피 바이러스 (Happy Virus)



I was probably most excited to get this when I first got to the nail polish counter. Blue is still my favourite nail colour. These have purple square glitters, silver hexagon glitters, smaller white hexagons, and tiny white dots. The glitters are harder to get on the nail, probably because they are bigger. You'll need to dab them on. I had trouble getting them evenly on all nails. Some nails I dabbed more, some less... but overall I still love this polish! Application-wise, it isn't my favourite out of these 4, but this is my favourite polish out of these 4 and I'm probably more likely to wear this more often.


4) 121 빙글빙글 희전목마 (Round & Round the Merry-go-round)


I love this! I mentioned before that I don't like glitter polishes that much, unless it is in a opaque base. I like how the layers of polish semi-cover the glitters in the previous layer. There are square glitters, hexagon glitters, and tiny glitters in a milky base. I like the combination of colours in this polish. The big glitters are harder to apply and you need to use the dabbing method to get more glitter and get them even. (but it isn't as bad as 124) The base isn't very opaque, so this needs 3 coats. I dab a little more at the nail line to cover it. You could probably first cover your nail line with a layer of white polish first. 

And... another photo, just because: 




Swatches on nail wheel: 



These are without topcoat.

As you can tell, the flakies on 100 isn't that obvious, but I also can't seem to capture it properly on camera. It is more obvious in real life than in these photos though.

--

Overall, for the price, I think they are really good polishes to own. Probably my favourite korean brand for nail polishes right now. They also have a selection of gel nail polishes. My mom actually has one but I've yet to borrow to try. I forgot to take a photo of the brush, but they are comparable to the size of OPI.

Innisfree Eco Nail colours are 4 free: DBP-free, DFHP-free, Toluene-free, Formaldehyde-free. I'm not sure if all colours are 4-free because it isn't stated on all the pages... You can read more about toxic ingredients in nail polishes here by googling DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde in nail polishes.

For korean nail polishes, I find it a bit harder to find out whether they are 3-free. At least it is stated on Innisfree's page. That makes me more self-assured. Sometimes I wanna ask the sales assistants in store, but I'm not sure if they will be aware... I'll probably ask the next time I remember....

I've got more Innisfree nail polishes to review soon. Meanwhile, if you've got any favourite korean nail polish brand, leave a comment & share! :)

4 comments:

  1. I ♥♥♥ the Round & Round the merry go round color! Such a pretty polish! Love how the glitter looks! :) Hoping to see more awesome posts from you!

    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes it is a pretty polish! The different coloured glitters go really well together, don't they!

      Delete
  2. Hi, may i know where can i still get innisfree nail colour in singapore? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I get my innisfree items directly from Korea, or from gmarket global :) I do not know of any physical stores selling innisfree nail polishes currently, but innisfree is actually opening their first store in Singapore soon! :) should be around the end of November.

      Delete