Sunday 8 June 2014

Gmarket Haul #11 - Mostly Innisfree & some shopping tips

Hi all!

I'm back with another Gmarket Korea haul. The delivery this time was also really fast! I ordered on 17 May (Saturday). By Monday, most of the items have reached the Gmarket warehouse. It was shipped out on 21 May, flight on 22 May, and reached my doorstep on 23 May! 6 days (including weekend!) from order to doorstep is pretty impressive (as usual)! Then again, I only ordered from 3 sellers so I didn't have to wait for many different sellers to send out my parcels.

Some items were cancelled and so my order ended up being 2 fashion items and a bunch of Innisfree stuff. Yes, yes! I WILL use more of other korean beauty brands! It is just that Innisfree always happen to have some sale when I am considering making a Gmarket order. I told you Innisfree likes me back. #delusional

*gasps* No mandatory box photo this time.


Here are all the Innisfree items I ordered this time! I mainly bought items that aren't available in Innisfree Singapore yet, namely the Smart Foundation, Mineral Jelly Pact, the new shade #12 of the Color Glow Lipstick and 2 eco Nail colours.



1) Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick #12


Color Glow Lipstick is available in Singapore, but this shade #12 is fairly new and not yet available in Singapore. Manufacturing date of this is April 2014! Very new!


2) Innisfree Eco Beauty Tool - Lip Brush


When I ordered this, I didn't expect it to be retractable! I didn't have high expectations for this, since it is just a lip brush but it really quite well made.


3) Innisfree Eco Nail Colour Pro - #70 & #57


These 2 colors are also new and not available in Singapore yet.
#70 is from their latest Festival Nails collection! I love all the colours in it but I decided to go with pink because.... I'm always not wearing pink. I have to get some girly colours right? I will post swatches of my Innisfree Eco Nail colours soon! This is really pretty and great on its own or for accent nails.

#57 is from their Syrup Nail collection! Or what most of us will know as sheer nail polishes. OPI also recently had their Sheer Tints Collection but this is only a fraction of the price! This will be great for making gradient nail art or for making glitter/jelly sandwich nail art!

I do like Innisfree nail polishes, like I've said before. Their brush is really wide and that makes application really easy & fast. Some have average wear, but I notice that some can last ~5 days with just minimal tip wear! I think it is just a hit & miss thing. But for the price, they are definitely worth buying!


4) Innisfree It's Real Bija Mask


I love their sheet masks. But I only get them during promo price because $2 for a mask is a bit too much for me, since I use them about 2-3 times a week, rather than just for special occasions. This time I got the Bija mask which is meant to soothe troubled skin.


5) Innisfree Mineral Jelly Pact



If i'm not wrong, this is the new version. From what I see online, the pad that comes with it is different and it also now comes in 3 shades. I got shade #23, and I'm about NC25-ish.

To be honest, I only got this because of the "Jelly" word. Holika Holika's Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream is one of my favourite as it gives a very natural & flawless finish. Even Michelle Phan raved about it. The texture of the HH bb cream was really interesting and so I was intrigued when I saw the "jelly" word again on this. Probably not the same thing though?

I've used this twice already and I LOVE IT! omg. why aren't they promoting it more. It gives a really flawless finish and I think the (new & upgraded) pad it comes with makes a difference. It minimises the appearance of your pores, like when you've applied primer! I just got goosebumps typing that out!! I wore it out for 5 hours and it still had the same semi-matte finish (can I remind you that I live in hot, humid Singapore. Since it is a meant to be a powder pact, the coverage isn't much, but I love the finish it gives! I only wish that the SPF was higher.


Close up! Very interesting texture
It is a very interesting texture and it isn't a conventional hard, solid powder pact. I currently can't think of a word to describe it. It is soft and... bouncy-ish.. I tried..


6) Innisfree Smart Make Up Blender


This is also a fairly new Innisfree product. Pony from Pony's Beauty Diary talked about it (even though it is a collaboration) but I liked her demo. Basically the concept is that with the changes in seasons, our skin condition change with it and need different foundation to suit it. So this Smart Foundation range comes in tiny tubes of 15g, and you can mix them to blend a foundation that suits you best.

This Smart Make Up Blender is meant for brightening & highlighting. I don't own much highlighting products & this was inexpensive so I thought I'll get one to try!


7) Innisfree Smart Foundation in Super Moisture, #23


The Smart Foundation comes in 4 formulas, each with 3 shades. The 4 are namely, Super Moisture, Perfect Cover, Water Balancing, and Long Lasting. I went with Super Moisture because the main ingredient is Green Tea Seed oil, which I know is one ingredient I really like since I use a lot of their Green Tea line.

I've tried this twice too and... I can't wear it on its own! It makes me look like a shiny disco ball. Both times I wore it, I applied the Mineral Jelly Pact over to get a semi-matte finish I like! I like the combi, but I definitely can't wear this on its own. I may consider getting either the Long Lasting or Perfect Cover one to mix with this. The good thing is that it is very moisturising.. but wayyy too shiny on my normal skin to be worn on its own. The coverage is also just average on its own.


8) Innisfree Pink Beam Mineral Pact


This is my sister's. It is also a pact but meant to give a nice pinkish glow.


9) Tops!

Stock pics taken from seller! I'm not the girls in the pics btw...


Not the exact one I got, but similar


I love this grey cardi! It is about $25 (?), but it is SO me. I was happy to receive this because the quality is really good and quite thick! Also quite comfortable. I have quite a few cheap cardigans from Gmarket (mostly less than $10) but they tend to snag quite easily and aren't as thick as this one.


Shopping tips

Clothing items are probably harder to browse for on Gmarket if you are not familiar with the site. It can be very confusing and messy. You have to keep scrolling and scrolling and the pay-off isn't that high because you scroll through so many but probably only see one or two that you fancy. My tip is to use the bookmarks (a purple icon) on the right side of the pics to "mark" the photo so you can return easily. I usually scroll through, bookmark, then go back again to click the item so see more previews & the measurements. It definitely helps if you know basic Hangul. Second tip is to use the blue bar below to select the option so you can easily match the name of the item to the options on the drop-down menu, rather than have to scroll up and down or to jot down the names.

The price is quite a good indicator of the quality. Cheaper products aren't terrible, but the fabric is probably thinner and some blouses or tops may be more sheer. I'll be more careful about buying shorts/pants because the sizing is harder to gauge & the cutting may be weird. You must also take note of the small details. Are the models wearing a cami below? If they are, it may because the top/dress is slightly sheer. If you take time to scroll through, you can actually find a lot of good deals & fashionable clothing items. I also recommend the SOHO section. It may be more pricey but the designs are nicer and quality may be better.

---


That's all!

2 comments:

  1. The have one store here in Taipei and I just got my own haul too XD Pretty addictive.
    Balancing Lotion and Fresh Cream from the Green Tea line (I love it too!), two nail polishes (a deep blue and deep brown), accidentally bought the Eco Cuticle Remover (works as far as I can tell), teh cuticle cream (excellent), and the Green Tea eye cream is also on the way XD

    Those masks, I'm not sure if they're worth the price. We've got the My Beauty Diary ones here that end up being under USD$1 per sheet on sale.
    You should check those out if you get the chance. Not sure if I've seen them around Singapore though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they have opened a store in Taipei? How is the price like compared to Korea?

      Yes! I love My Beauty Diary masks! I always stock up on them when I visit Taiwan. It is in Watsons here in Singapore so they are easy to find. But the price is almost twice it is in Taiwan! So I try not to buy them locally.. Are My Beauty Diary masks still popular in Taiwan? :) I always wonder if it is just popular among tourists.

      Delete