Monday 11 August 2014

stylexstyle's The Little Black Beauty Box - June Edition


Hello all! Today I have a very late post. This is stylexstyle's The Little Black Beauty Box June Edition!
(not so) Short story: some time in April I was randomly browsing through other people's posts on beauty subscription boxes. Most failed in impress me.... I've known about the concept for subscription boxes for a long time since I follow a lot of US bloggers. I thought it was a cool concept and some have quite good products! I remember there was this Ipsy box which is $10 and had a UD eyeliner! Why isn't there such a good deal in Singapore?? So I looked up sub boxes in Singapore and the other sub boxes didn't really have products that I fancied. Then I chanced upon TLBBB's reviews and I was like OMG it's really good. Then I found out that they kinda stopped it for a few months. They previously collaborated with Robinsons' and the brands & products featured in the boxes were pretty good! So I stalked their SNS accounts for a while and a few days later I found out that they were returning! Great timing, stylexstyle. I knew I wanted to order a box. This time they are collaborating with Tangs which is also great because my family goes to Tangs more often as they have this 12% rebate day which we never miss. It'll be great to try out the brands that Tangs have.

I liked the previous boxes so much that I actually ordered even before they showed any preview of the items (I didn't know they preview the items!) and I was more excited when I saw what products were featured. I like that they preview the items because one main thing that held me back from buying sub boxes was that I don't like the idea of "gambling" and not knowing what I'm paying for. TLBBB is also different from other sub boxes because it isn't really a subscription and you only buy one box at a time. No need to commit to anything! I only choose to buy when the box has products that I would want to try & I know that I may buy them in future. No point trying out items that I know I won't consider buying.

They deliver the box during the last few days of the month before: meaning June boxes are delivered during the last days of May. The past 2 boxes I ordered were delivered by TaQbin. One thing I don't like is that you don't really know when the delivery is gonna come... They just show up randomly at your doorstep. But at least you know it is during the last few days of the month (if it was a pre-order).



Each box also comes with this card that you can use to get more deals. You must visit the website for more info though.. I wish they were printed on the card. Most of the deals are related to the products that are in the box. It is both win-win for the retailer and for us because we get to try before we commit to a full size and if we want to eventually buy the full size, you can use this card to get discount or freebies. Very smart.

Now on to the products! Most of their featured products are in sample sizes, with maybe 1/2 deluxe size sample.

  • BELIF First Aid Overnight Brightening Mask 5ml
  • BELIF First Aid 360 Eye Care Mask 3ml
  • BELIF Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist 30ml


  • SHISEIDO White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener 7ml
  • SHISEIDO White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion 7ml
  • SHISEIDO White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam 7ml

  •  ORIGINS High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-enriched Oil-free Renewal Cream 5ml
  •  CLARINS Shaping Facial Lift Total V contouring serum 10ml

  •  LANEIGE Water Sleeping Pack 20ml

  •  BENEFIT They're Real Mini Mascara 3g

  •  Zegna UOMO EDT VOC 1.5ml 
(A little disappointed with this because it is for men.)

  •  SULWHASOO Gentle Cleansing Oil 4ml 
  • SULWHASOO Gentle Cleansing Foam 4ml x 2
  • SULWHASOO First Care Activating Serum 1ml x 2 
  • SULWHASOO Essential Balancing Water 5ml
  • SULWHASOO Essential Balancing Emulsion 5ml
  •  GUERLAIN Lingerie de Peau Liquid Foundation 5ml

  •  AVEDA Smooth Infusion Style-prep 
Smoother 10ml, Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener 7ml


& all boxes come with vouchers you can use at Tangs! The brow waxing alone already makes up for the value of the box. There aren't much fine print except for expiry dates. They expire in about 1 or 2 months. They are really completely complimentary and there's no minimum spend. I've tried the brow waxing and the lady didn't even try to hard sell any other items to me.

I actually typed a chunk of text of review of the products I've tried but I accidentally deleted it -.- But anyway this box is already sold out so I'll just show you the brands that they have featured and the typical size of the products you'll get.

Each box is $22.90. It is a little pricey if you think that it is just a box of samples but I guess it really depends on how much you value the products and whether there are things you already want to try/use. I like this box because they had products & brands that I've always wanted to try. I believe the products they curated for the box are good because one of the main purpose is to reach out to potential customers, let them try a good product and induce a purchase. The brow waxing service alone also actually already worth more than the price of the box. I also knew that the Benefit real liner is an item that I will use & like so it is okay if the other items sucked (they didn't!).

That's all for my review! Hope it is helpful in helping you decide whether to get future TLBBBs.

No comments:

Post a Comment