Saturday 23 August 2014

3CE Haul from Luxola


Hello all! I'm back with a haul from Luxola.
Luxola had a 37% storewide sale some time ago and I ordered a few things. However, they had an error with their 3ce inventory so my 3ce items were actually out of stock. They were nice to email me (& probably all others) and offered me an option of either waiting to for the stocks to arrive and have it delivered to me, or to get a refund and a discount code for all 3ce items when they are restocked. I picked the latter since there were other 3ce items that I had wanted to order but were out of stock. 

Their usual price for 3ce items were actually already quite competitive, but the discount codes made it too good to pass up... I think my total bill came up to $60 for 4 items, with free delivery! 

What's interesting was that my mom said the delivery dude came in a Mercedes Benz car. lol. The previous time, it was a BMW.. maybe the employees bring home the parcel and deliver on their way to work?? Can someone from Luxola enlighten me on this. I've never received the parcels myself and I was actually at home this time when the delivery person came, and I thought I could finally receive the parcel myself but lol the person came when I was washing up. Anyway, they also have a new packaging/bag now, which is so much bigger than the previous. I don't know what to do with these bags since they are so new and nice but I hardly ever need to reuse paper bags! I have several shopping bags lying around my room because it is too wasteful to dispose of but I never use them either. I digressed. すみません.

Here's my mini haul:

#notallaremine

3CE's signature simple black packaging. I bought a shimmer stick, full cover concealer, lipstick and eyebrow pencil! I debated on the shimmer stick for a while because I don't do much highlighting.. but then again it was much cheaper and if I were to ever use a highlighter, it would probably be in this simple-to-use stick form.




I read reviews online and there were sites warning people of fake 3ce products. One way to discern whether the product is authentic is the little black strip of sticker at the caps of the products. Happy to confirm that Luxola does sell the authentic products. (because we tend to doubt it when it is cheap)


1) 3CE Shimmer Stick in Peach


 I haven't used this shimmer stick much but it really is easy to use. It is also good for makeup beginners who do not have that many brushes to use, or lazy people who don't like washing brushes, since all you need to do is to dab some on and blend it out with your fingers. I had a hard time picking between pink and peach, but I eventually went with Peach as it seems more natural, based on the swatches I've seen online.
A little goes a long way, so I think it is quite worth getting!



2) Full Cover Concealer in #02


I've yet to try this, but I've read so much good reviews on it! My old concealer is actually really really old (I mean, look at my past hauls, I really have not bought a new concealer in ages!) and I don't even dare to check if it is actually obscenely expired. I shall try this later.



3) 3CE Eyebrow Shaper in #Gray Brown

 
Omgosh I love this eyebrow pencil. Admittedly, I have only tried 2 other brands and can't compare much but this one is the perfect one for me! My previous eyebrow pencil (actually I'm still using that) is from Catrice and I also love using that because it was very easy to draw with. I use Catrice's A Date with Ash-ton, which is just right for my black hair, but I did think it was just slightly SLIGHTLY a bit too brown/red. I saw good reviews on this and I ordered it hoping and praying it will be the perfect colour I imagined it to be and IT IS. and it is also really easy to draw and with a light hand, you can draw a very natural set of brows.


I definitely recommend this to those who are new to drawing eyebrows. Eyebrow pencils may be a bit intimidating to use because the bad ones can make you look like 蜡笔小新. The colour for this comes off easily so it gives you better control on how light/dark you want to draw your brows. If you are just learning to draw your brows, just use a light hand like you're just shading colour into the sparse parts of your brows. I usually draw my eyebrows with a gradient, lighter in the inner brows and gradually darker on the outer brow. This pencil allows me to draw that gradient easily.

Only complaint is that it does not come with a spoolie at the end. I am used to having that spoolie on the other end of the pencil and the first time I used this, I subconsciously turned it over to use the spoolie... only to remember it doesn't come with one. lol.


Powdery & easy indeed! Also, all the products also state the expiry dates. 



4) 3CE Lip Color in #305 Double Shot
 


I love this shade! I read a review online by this lady who said that looks very pink initially but it becomes more orange after a short while... I thought it was very odd but it is true! When I first swatched it, I thought it was a little too pink and a little more pink than I wanted and I was quite disappointed. but I noticed that after some time it really did become more orange somehow.

--


That's all for my little 3CE haul from Luxola. I'm glad that they carry this brand because it isn't that easy to get 3CE products in Singapore. Buying 3CE products online is also a bit risky since some websites sell the fake products and I've seen girls reviewing the fake versions, not knowing it wasn't authentic. Others sell authentic 3CE products at very marked up prices. These are all authentic and the prices are also pretty good. Other popular 3CE products are the waterful foundation and concealers. I noticed that not many Korean bloggers/youtubers talk about this brand and it seems more popular in other Asian countries. The prices are very cheap but they have some good products worth checking out. I know for sure that I will get the eyebrow shaper/pencil when mine runs out!

 They deliver to Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Philippines, United Arab Emirates, Brunei and Australia, so you people there can get 3CE products now too!




Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and all products are paid with my own money!

No comments:

Post a Comment