Sunday 25 August 2013

Review: Innisfree Beads Nail Kit

I got the Innisfree Beads Nail Kit (#1) on my Gmarket haul from Korea. I got to try it recently and I'm quite impressed by it!!

Innisfree Beads Nail Kit #1

The retail price is 10,000 won, but I got it on sale at 8,000 won. The other regular eco nail polishes were on sale for half price at 1,250 won and this seemed expensive and I almost didn't order it until my sis asked why I wasn't getting it. Then I realised 8,000 won for this kit was actually a good price! Thank goodness I got it, it was really worth the price! :)

Instructions
They also have instructions on how to apply the nail beads. Although I took Korean lessons in uni, I'm not at the level to be able to understand the instructions.... Ha. The illustrations are quite self-explantory except for the last step. It says something like after 10-15 minutes... something something top coat. haha. I guess that means after 10-15 minutes, apply top coat? But the after applying the top coat, the colour of the beads faded a little. But that's okay, because it only makes it look more pastel.

*Purple is slightly more pink than pictured

What you get in the kit! 10g of nail polish, and 6g of nail beads. How pretty are the beads!!!! The kit comes with a little plastic funnel. It's thinner than I imagined, but it serves its purpose anyway!!



Oh yes, I didn't take a photo, but the opening of the beads bottle is the same as the nail polish. Don't worry about the beads all spilling out when you are applying. The beads only come out in small quantities when I tap the bottle, so there wasn't really much to clean up. What I did was to pick up the extra beads with my fingertip and scraped my finger against the edge of the funnel. It was a lot of fun re-bottling the excess beads.

Awesome close up of the beads
Blue, purple and pink! I like the combination. They also had another kit with blue base and blue beads. Usually, I would pick blue over purple, but I like the colours of the purple beads more.

The beads are slightly bigger than other brands that I've seen, like Ciate & Catrice. They are not as tiny as the caviar nails.

Bottle label. Made in Korea. PVC beads.

Application: 
The purple base nail polish had a great formula -- pigmented and smooth. It wasn't particularly glossy on its own. The beads were easy to apply; it didn't take a long time. I did other things before applying the top coat and the beads were falling off. The top coat definitely helps to hold the beads together. I would recommend using a top coat that's less thick and more watery, just so that the texture of the beads will not be covered. I also dabbed the sides of the beads with some topcoat so that they would be less likely to drop off. 

Removal: 
After several days of wear, I picked at the sides of the beads and they came off pretty easily because the top coat still held the beads together. 


Here are some additional photos I took with my phone: 


The purple is closer to this shade. It is more pink than it is blue. 



 Swatch: 



And... Swatches on my hand. I wasn't planning to post these because my nails were in a bad shape after using a particular nail polish from another korean brand which I'll be ranting about soon.... or never. I planned to apply the beads on 2 nails, but I was unsure whether the beads would stay on well... and I was lazy to have to "tend" to the beads. But my worries were unfounded. 
Side note: I think these beads are best only applied on 2 nails. I think its a little too much to have them on all nails. Like I mentioned, the beads are slightly bigger than the usual caviar nails. I would wear the beads on my middle & ring finger. 


AND. A super blurry photo (which I wasn't planning to post too) to show the wear. I actually wore this mani over the holidays and I did A LOT of spring cleaning with these nails. I was lifting my heavy mattress, vacuuming, moving things around and I also washed my hair (which I thought for sure the beads will drop out), but NOPE. By the end of 5 days, 99% of the beads were still on. I only had 3 or 4 missing beads. AND. Even the nails with no beads had no chip/wear. Cheap and good. sigh. 


To end off, here's the link to the product page. There are more photos and (I just realised) a video on application. Here's also someone's pictures & review on the blue version. I also tried to read the reviews on the product page and it seems like they are negative reviews! But alas, my limited korean vocabulary.... 

(*if you are viewing on mobile, you may have to change to the desktop version to see the links)

No comments:

Post a Comment