Saturday 3 August 2013

Review: Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Facial Foam


Today, I'll be reviewing Innisfree's Jejubija Anti-Trouble Facial Foam! 

I've been using this on 23 June... So that's been slighly more than a month? I like it so far! 

This facial foam is part of Innisfree's anti-trouble line. "Anti-trouble" is pretty much a euphemism for "acne". I guess having a "anti-trouble" facial foam in your shopping bag is less embarrassing than anything that says "acne". Don't want people to start scrutinizing your face right? 



The packaging of this describes it to be "Enriched with torreya seed extract from pure Jeju island", to help "control blemish for clear skin". It also claims to "remove pore impurities as it prevents and relieves skin trouble". It is also composed of "natural originated salicylic acid, panduratin, and rose crystal that helps to relieve skin trouble". Sounds promising, yes? 


This is also 5-Free: Paraben free, sulphate-free, artificial colouring free, mineral oil free, animal ingredients free.

This cost 8,000 Won for 150ml of product, which is pretty affordable. It only comes in one size, so it may not be that travel-friendly. When I first used it, the smell was so strong! I remember the first time I used it, I thought of the Yardley of London powder?? Which is supposed to smell like lavender.. but I think this facial foam smells a bit minty too. It may not be a pleasant smell to have on your face but I got used to it by the first week! I also felt a cooling feeling on my face, which will notice if you stop lathering and leave it on your face for a moment. I thought that it seemed a bit gimmicky, but perhaps it really has an effect? My skin always feel clean and refreshed after washing. This also foams up well.

After using this for 6 weeks, my skin is still clear. I will definitely repurchase this again! I have normal/combination skin. My previous facial foam makes my skin feel a little dry & tight after washing and I usually have to follow up with moisturiser or a facial mist, but this facial foam does not give me that dry feeling after use.

If you don't have troubled skin, I'll still recommend this to you. Do not assume that all trouble skincare range are only meant for those with oily/acne-prone skin. Acne can be caused by a lot of factors!! I think this also works to clean the pores and prevent clogged pores. 

I don't have trouble skin or major acne problems, but I used to always have at least 1 pimple (new/healing) at any point of time until. I wasn't really looking to switch my facial wash, but Innisfree products had always worked well for me and so I bought this to try! As my previous facial wash already helped my skin, switching to this Innisfree facial foam didn't improve my skin significantly, but it still worked as well! This Innisfree facial foam is 5-free and works just as well!

I bought this in Korea in April at the Duty-free shop at Lotte. The Duty-free shop at Lotte houses a wide range of popular Korean cosmetics brands, both low end and high end. You can find counters for brands like Etude House, Innisfree, Skin Food, Holika Holika, Laneige, Sulwhasoo, SKII etc... Pretty much like those at airports, but this is just in the city. They don't stock nail polishes though. They also seem to like selling things in multiple quantities. When I wanted to get this, the sales lady told me I had to get 2, then I was like, alright, then I won't get it. (Since I've never tried this, why would I buy 2 x 150ml of something that may not work or break me out?) But after I said that, she let me just get one. At Skinfood though, I wanted to get the popular Black Sugar Mask Wash off, but they only sold it in a pack of 4!! Why would I get 4 of the same thing... -ends random rant-

To end off, here's the ingredients list:




11 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Are the items at Lotte Department store cheaper? (since they are already tax free?)

    And Do I need to claim them at the airport? (which I am hesitant because what if they give me the wrong product when I get there? )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! If I'm not wrong, most of the items I got were cheaper, but not by much? Sorry, I can't really remember! :( Perhaps you could note down some prices from the websites before visiting the store? You can also check out the promotions there. For our purchases, we received a 30,000 won gift card. I visited the duty free store at the Jamsil, if it matters. They also offer discounts for some credit card.
      For cosmetics & skincare, we were given our most of our items on the spot (Innisfree, Holika holika, laneige, sulhwasoo etc), except for SK-II.
      Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Hey, thanks for replying.

      For SK-II, you have to claim it at the airport? Were there any issues? I've read from several blogs that the shop mistakenly sent the wrong item to the airport O_o

      Delete
    3. We had no issues. We also bought bags and they were correctly packed too. I didn't know there were people who got the wrong items! I would think that the airport would be well stocked because they have a lot of duty free stores & many brands too. I guess perhaps you can go earlier to collect? Leave some time allowance just in case they packed the wrong items & need time to repack?

      Delete
    4. Alright, thanks Bel! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi! I enjoy reading about your hauls a lot! :)
    I was wondering if you can give me some advice on facial products that can reduce skin redness? :) Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla! I'm not sure about the cause of skin redness. do you have sensitive or dry skin? but generally my advice is to moisturise! Moisturised skin is happy skin! Any acne scars or blemishes will heal faster too. Your cleanser and toner should not make your skin feel dry right after using them. For toners, look for alcohol-free toner if you have sensitive skin.. but a lot of toners have alcohol! I'm currently using étude house's wonderpore freshner. It has alcohol but it does not make my skin feel dry and does not sting any wounds. & its cheap! Lol. Hope that helps. My skin improved after I got more religious with my skincare routine.

      Delete
    2. Hi! I don't have sensitive or dry skin, just slightly on the oily side. The redness occurs mostly around my cheeks, where there are more visible pores. I think I'll give the wonderpore freshener a go!! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hi . How many i will use this product a day?? And is this also compatible with male? Cause my friend want to try it too . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It is recommended that you wash your face twice a day. This product is suitable for males too! :)

      Delete